In the previous blog, we saw the myths of digital marketing. In this blog, we are going to compare E-commerce websites and mobile applications. Let’s dig deeper into how each platform can be advantageous or disadvantageous in terms of functionality, features, and other factors that affect the overall success of an e-commerce business.
E-commerce or electronic commerce refers to a business model that involves sales transactions being done on the web. Virtually every online shopping website follows this structure. Any site where you can obtain items for sale over the internet is considered an ecommerce website.
Picture Credits: https://unsplash.com/photos/gcHFXsdcmJE
1. SEO – If you want to boost your business significantly, Google ranking is your best bet. Creating a website platform for your e-commerce business will allow you to formulate SEO strategies that can increase your traffic and brand awareness significantly.
2. Easy and cost effective – Unlike app development, it’s relatively easier and faster to create websites. It requires less work and complicated technical stuff. In short, mobile web development requires fewer expenses and less effort, giving you more time to focus on other important matters in your e-commerce business.
3. Keep eye on analytics- With-commerce website, businesses can easily analyze all the data that gets stored and find out the effectiveness of sales, learn about customer behavior, understand marketing campaigns, customer engagements and much more.
1. Maintenance – Websites also need to be maintained daily. Most website owners hire skilled and knowledgeable programmers who can do the job for them. Also, contents for the website will also cost a lot, especially if you are aiming to improve your SEO.
2. Not very friendly interface – We all know this. A mobile website doesn’t usually adjust its interface based on the device, leading to the poor user experience. Those pesky little buttons, zooming in and zooming out, tiny texts, and almost everything about it makes customers press the exit button with relief.
An app, which is short for application, is a type of software that can be installed and run on a computer, tablet, smartphone or other electronic devices through Google Play or Apple Store.
There you go. Both have their pros and cons but no matter what option you might choose, the key factor will remain. You have to plan carefully and consider your situation. Gather as much information as possible to formulate the right strategy on how you can increase your sales without spending too much time, money, and effort.